Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

S-STEM Scholar in waiting...

Well, as the title suggests, I consider myself to be an S-Stem Scholar in waiting: waiting with anticipation, waiting with trepidation, waiting with excitement! I feel like I'm about to take the first step of trek into the wilderness. I say that because the peculiar ball of emotions feels the same as when I used to get dropped off in the forest knowing that I would not see anyone for days on end, not knowing what lies ahead. That is where I'm at. I have attended an orientation meeting where we discussed in generalities what I'm in for, but I can't wait to know the specifics so I can dive in! I can't wait to find out what my research topic will be. Will it be something I am familiar with, that I can build upon the knowledge I have already gained? Will it be something I know very little of, and I can gain fresh new knowledge and skills. I feel that either way I am ready for the challenge. Bring it on!

Mt Hood, Oregon: My favorite stomping grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment